Sunday 16 August 2015

Baby Food - New Series

Hello All,

my little Baby Bear has now been on solid foods for a bit more than a month and has taken very well to weaning. He basically munches everything I give him except of banana puree. :-) Somehow, he kind of hates it (even though he eats everything containing banana and licks banana slices…hmmmm).

I have been making all his purees from scratch and will continue to do so now as his food is getting a bit more solid. This way I can ensure that he gets the most nutritious and fresh foods possible without any additives. Also, it is much more pocket friendly as the baby jars and pouches are really expensive and making food yourself is really enjoyable and saves you a lot of cash. 

It is up to you if you prefer to make up big batches and freeze your baby food or if you cook it fresh for each meal. We don't have a big freezer therefore that option is unfortunately not working for me. But hey, I love cooking, so why not cook several times a day. :-)

In this series I will share my recipes for all his purees and fingers foods, and let you know about my experiences with them, the good and the bad.

Please keep in mind that I am no expert or dietician and this is simply what worked for us. Please check with your doctor/health visitor before making changes to your babies diet.

Hope you enjoy!!!

Love,
Linda
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment