Wednesday 18 March 2015

Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation

Well, i have to say, I barely ever sway from my favourite foundations into new territory, however, you just cannot escape the mass load of adverts for this new gem. It seems to be the new favourite among us bloggers and you tubers….. So what is this all about?





The 'Dream Flawless Nude' is a very light weight, very pigmented foundation with a fluid texture and is quite a new thing to the drugstore. You have found the likes before with the YSL Fusion Ink, Dior etc, but not at an affordable price. 
An extra bonus is the really cute and girly bottle which I absolutely adore! Additionally, it features a new type of applicator which is shaped like a tear drop to allow easy application (if you would have to use it without a pump or this it would probably end of all over your shirt, dressing table etc. but not on you, its that liquid). I am not sure that this new applicator is going to end up being loved by me, but for the meantime I just simply dab it on my face, blend it out and be done with it…





Before each use you will notice that a clear liquid collects above the actual foundation, but this is normal. There is quite a fair bit of alcohol in this product, which will separate on the top. Before use, simply give it a really good shake and it will mix nicely.
The foundation itself keeps to its promise. It melts into your skin!!! Once applied you will not feel it and even after hours of wear it will not budge, which is great in summer time. 
The coverage it light to medium but you can definitely build it up to a medium or light full coverage. 
The finish is also absolutely lovely!! It has a slight satin sheen to it but is not too dewy and therefore I would say perfect for oily to normal skin. If you have very dry skin, you might want to stay away from this foundation as I can image that it might look caky (but give it a try with a really hydrating moisturiser as a base). However, on my combination skin, it looks absolutely beautiful. The only downside that I found is that it has quite a yellow tinge to it. I have got the fairest shade, which is ivory, so I am not able to say that it is the same with every single shade but I could definitely notice it (but not to a point where it would bother me).

All in all, this is an amaze balls foundation for spring summer time which can battle much more expensive high end brands at a drugstore price. 

Let me know in the comments below what you think!

Lots of love,
Linda






No comments:

Post a Comment