Saturday 4 January 2014

Clinique Exfoliating Scrub Review

Hi ladies,

About three month ago I popped into Selfridges with the intention to load myself up with high end skin care products for the very first time in my life.
I had never ever before bought any expensive skin product but started to become really unhappy with my routine.
It had basically always consisted of a drugstore facial wash and toner for combination to oily skin. But I started to become increasingly frustrated because nothing ever seemed to really have an impact on my skin. 
So I decided that it was time to switch it up. 

Don't get me wrong, I love everything drugstore but the product range for skin care just wasn't what I was expecting any more for my skin. But that's just me.

So, well... As said, I arrived at Selfridges, completely soaked from a massive downpour, my boots squeaking like crazy and in principle looking like a wet poodle. The salesclerk at the Clinique counter was really lovely and sat me down for a quick consultation to find out what exactly I was looking for and need.
In the end, she suggested that I go for the anti blemish solution system and I decided to go for the Cleansing Foam of that line and the Exfoliating Scrub and the Liquid Facial Soap from their general line.






Having used this for a bit more than three month now, I think I can truly say that I am over the moon with the products. However, of all three of these products, the exfoliating scrub has made the biggest impression on me and that's why I would like to give it a little shout out here.


So here is my review:

My skin, which is combination to oily, turns a little red after use but that does not put me off because my skin is quite sensitive anyways.
This scrub has a thick consistency with small exfoliating particles and does look a bit like toothpaste when you squeeze it out of the tube.









The packaging itself is the typical clean and sleek Clinique style in a very nice light green with silver lettering, and overall I am quite pleased with it.







It has a strong scent of menthol to it which is amazing if you are using the scrub in the morning as it will really wake you up and leave a nice cooling sensation on your face. That is if you are a fan of menthol of course. If not, then you might prefer to stay away from this.

The lady at the Clinique counter recommended using this scrub twice a week and having done so during the last month, I feel comfortable saying that it has made a significant difference to my skin.
My face feels much softer and smoother than ever before and my pores appear to be much smaller. I do tend to have breakouts quite frequently, and this seems to be helping to keep them in check and really take off all flakes / dead skin cells and remove all the gunk.

This scrub is my new Holy Grail. It exfoliates my skin like nothing else I have ever tried, and believe me, I have tried a lot and nothing ever did the trick to really improve my skin.

You can find the at any Clinique counter and it retails for £18.50 (100ml) which is not too pricey in my opinion as it will last for a very long time and you are getting an amazing product.

If you have tried this scrub, I would love to hear your opinion about it, or if you have any skin care you would like to recommend please let me know!!!

Lots of love,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment